As a member in good standing with the Alliance of International Aromatherapists, I shall:
- provide truthful, accurate information in my application and all renewals. I will notify AIA, within sixty (60) days, of updates related to changes in contact information (name, address, email, phone, etc.).
- maintain professional decorum with all AIA staff, aromatherapy professionals and clients at all times. Additionally, this includes, but is not limited to, appropriately citing other’s material when used in any of my documents, website, education materials, etc.
- maintain professional, kind, and conscientious decorum with all AIA staff, other aromatherapy professionals and clients at all times.
- refrain from plagiarism and/or intellectual property theft (in any form), by appropriately citing other’s material and original ideas when used in any of my documents, website, education materials, etc.
- refrain from habitual use of alcohol or any drug or substance which impairs competent and objective professional performance. I shall resign should I have a physical or mental condition which compromises my professional competence.
- neither teach or practice unsafe essential oil administration, such as used in Raindrop Technique®, or Aroma Touch®, or any similar techniques.
- remain clear of any limitation or sanction, whether voluntary or involuntary, by a governmental regulatory board or professional organization relating to public health or the specialty of aromatherapy.
- remain clear of a conviction or, plea of guilty, or plea of nolo contendere to a felony or misdemeanor related to public health or aromatherapy. This includes but is not limited to a felony involving rape, sexual abuse, actual or threatened use of a weapon or violence, and the prohibited sale, distribution or use of a controlled substance.
- report to AIA, within sixty (60) days, of the occurrence of any inquiry, indictment, or charges pending by or against me before a state or federal regulatory agency, professional organization, or judicial body, directly relating to public health or aromatherapy, or any matter described in any of the above items. I shall notify AIA of any developments related to the matter including, but not limited to, providing documentation of the matter’s resolution.
- respect and adhere to all AIA Code of Ethics, standards, policies, and procedures.
Download PDF Version here!